Krishna River Significance
In India we have Ganga, Godavari and Brahmaputra, Krishna River. We celebrate Pushkaralu for this rivers. Now Krishna river is getting ready to celebrate Pushkaralu starts from 12th August 2016 and End’s On 23rd August 2016. Krishna river is also called as Krishnaveni. The biggest river in terms of water inflows and river basin area in India. The river is almost 1,300 kilometres long and it is a major source of irrigation for Maharashtra, Karnataka, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
[ads2] The Krishna river Starts it’s Journey from Mahabaleshwar near the Jor village in the extreme north of Wai Taluka, Satara District, Maharashtra in the west. The krishnamma is flowing through the three main states. First Maharashtra to Karnataka then to Telangana State and Andhra Pradesh States. Krishna River empties into the Bay of Bengal at Hamsaladeevi in Andhra Pradesh, on the east coast. Indian worship rivers as a festival called as Pushkaram-Pushkaralu. Any Pushkaram-Pushkaralu is dedicated to worshiping Rivers and seek her blessings. In both telugu speaking states Andhra Pradesh and Telangana celebrate Godavari (Godavari Pushkaralu), Krishna (Krishna Pushkaralu) mainly.
As per the story, a Brahmin in a village performed severe penance dedicated to Lord Shiva. He was granted a boon by the Lord that he will have the power to purify the holy rivers. As a result of this power, his name eventually became Pushkar meaning “the one who nourishes and purifies”. The God of Planets and Guru, Brihaspati requested Pushkar to purify the 12 holy rivers when he travels from one zodiac sign to another every year.
Which time Krishna Pushkaralu Celebrated?
Krishna Pushkaralu is celebrated once every 12 years. first 12 days when the Jupiter (Brihaspati) enters the zodiac sign Virgo (Kanya Rasi) is celebrated as the Krishna Pushkaralu. It is believed that on the first 12 days and the last 12 days of Jupiter in any zodiac sign, Pushkar travels with Brihaspati and purifies the holy rivers. The first twelve days are known as Adi Pushkaram, and the last twelve days are called Anthya Pushkaram.
Krishna Pushkaralu 2016 Dates
[box type=”note” align=”alignleft” ]Krishna Pushkaram
Start: 12th August 2016 To End On: 23rd August 2016
No of days Celebrated : 12 [/box]
What To Do In Krishna Pushkaralu?
Pindapradanam – This is a unique ritual in which the devotee offers Pindas (leaf with offerings to the departed souls is set afloat in water) to ancestors who were deceased. It is done with the belief that their souls will be set free and attain salvation.
Mahasankalpam – The Pooja is performed by priests on the banks of River Krishna for removing one’s bad karma and sins.
Laghusankalpam – This ritual involves taking a holy dip in the River during Krishna Pushkaralu by uttering the names and gotras to appease God and fulfill your wishes in this life.
Sariganga Snanam – This ritual is performed for a better family life, especially better relations with children and spouse.
Prayaschittam – This ritual means that men and women accept their mistakes and misdeeds to God and seek forgiveness.
Gauri Pooja – Kumkum Archana and Gouri Pooja are performed to appease Goddess Gouri (Goddess Parvati) and seek her blessings during Krishna Pushkaralu.
Ganga Pooja – It is believed that during the Krishna Pushkaralu period, water from the 12 holy rivers is divinely mixed with River Krishna. The Ganga Pooja is performed to seek the blessings of all the Rivers at once.
Musivayanam – It is a tradition in which a married woman is respected and treated with gifts. These gifts can also be offered to the husband when the wife dies. It is believed that by doing this Pooja, the wife’s soul can attain salvation.
Do’s and Don’ts at Krishna Pushkaram Ghats
- Take a dip in the River Krishna only at the authorised Bathing Ghats mentioned in the list above.
- Pilgrims should take a dip at the bathing Ghat that is nearest to them to avoid traffic hassles during Krishna Pushkaralu.
- Pilgrims must follow rules and regulations imposed at the Bathing Ghats as well as in and around the city to enable the smooth organisation and conduction of the festival.
- It is imperative that people visiting the city and the sacred Ghats remain alert and vigilant. Unidentified and unaccompanied baggage must be reported immediately to the nearest police official or security booth.
- Cleanliness and sanctity of the place should be maintained at all costs. Garbage and other kinds of refuse must be disposed off ONLY in dustbins.
- Pilgrims should arrive at the bathing Ghats with minimum baggage. It is the pilgrims’ responsibility to take care of their belongings.
- Do not throw litter, bottles, clothes, flowers etc. into the river. Remember that you are worshiping the River as a goddess. It is a lifeline to our civilisation and hence must be given utmost respect.
- Use of plastic bags and soaps is prohibited for bathing in the Ghats during Krishna Pushkaralu.
- Washing of clothes or relieving yourself openly in and around the bathing Ghats is prohibited during Krishna Pushkaralu.
- Since the number of people visiting the venues will be large, it is better to be patient and wait for one’s turn to bathe than just pushing and shoving for a chance.
Famous Temples and Places To be visited during Krishna Pushakaralu
List of Temples on the banks of Krishna River
1. Mallikarjuna temple in Srisailam
2. Amareswara Swamy temple in Amravati
3. Durga-Malleswar temple in Vijayawada
4. Mattapalli Narasimha Swamy Temple in Mittapalli(Telangana)
5. Lord shiva & Narasimha Swamy Temple in Vadapalli.
6. Sangameshwar temple at Alampur
Some Important Places
1. Dhyana Buddha Park in Amravati – (The Birthplace of Buddhism)
2. Bhavani Island, Vijayawada.
3. Godavari- Krishna Rivers Pavitra Sangamam, Vijayawada.
4. Manginapudi Beach – Machilipatnam, Andhra Pradesh
5. Undavalli Caves, Guntur
6. Kondapalli Fort, Vijayawada.
Krishna Pushkaram Ghats In Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh Government is Provide 7 Ghat’s In Vijayawada. Ghat’s details…..
Durga Ghat : Nearest Bus Stop to reach this Ghat-Durga Temple, Ravi Chettu Centre
Pushkar Ghat : Nearest Bus Stop to reach this Ghat-VMC Office, PNBS
Padmavathi Ghat : Nearest Bus Stop to reach this Ghat-PNBS
Metla Bazar : Nearest Bus Stop to reach this Ghat-Bandar Locks
Sithanagaram Ghat : Nearest Bus Stop to reach this Ghat-PNBS, Sithanagaram
Punnami Ghat : Nearest Bus Stop to reach this Ghat-Hotel Punnami, Kummaripalem Centre
Siva Kshetram : Nearest Bus Stop to reach this Ghat-Mandadam Centre
Krishna Pushkaram Ghats In Telangana
Krishna river goes through only Nalgonda and Mahbubnagar districts in Telangana. Krishna Pushkaralu will celebrate in Telangana Two Districts Mahaboobnagar and Nalgonda.
Mahaboobnagar District Krishna Pushkaralu places are: Jurala, Beechupalli, Rangapur, Alampur, Nadi Agraharam, Chintarevula, Nandimalla (Narayanpet), Krishna, Pasupula and Panchdev Padu (Maktal), Chellepad (Veepangandla), Jatprole (Veepangandla), Somasila (Kollapur), Malleswaram, Manchalakatta and Lingala.
In Nalgonda District Krishna Pushkaralu places are: Nagarjunasagar, Wadapally in Damaracharla mandal, Mattapally and , apart from 5 places of Mellacheruvu mandal, Utlapally in Peddavura mandal, Adavi Devulapally in Damaracherla, Mahankali Gudem in Nereducherla are locations.
Andhra Pradesh Government and South Central Railway(SCR) will be running 500 special trains for ensuing Krishna Pushkaras. Train For Krishna Pushkaralu.
Update as Soon……
APSRTC Run Special Buses for Krishna Pushkaralu. Special Buses running for Krishna Pushkaralu details.
Update as Soon……
Tags: Krishna pushkaralu 2016, Krishna pushkaralu, Krishna pushkaralu 2016 in andhra pradesh, krishna pushkaralu 2016 in Telangana, krishna pushkaralu 2016 in Ghats, Bathing Ghats in Vijayawada, 7 Special Ghats in Vijayawada, What Is Krishna Pushkaralu, Krishna Pushkaram Story, About Krishna Pushkaralu, What To Do In Krishna Pushkaralu, Krishna Pushkaralu Ghats In Andhra Pradesh, Krishna Pushkaralu Ghats In Telangana, Krishna Pushkaralu Starts From, Krishna Pushkaralu Ends On, Krishna Pushkaralu ghats In Vijayawada, Krishna Pushkaralu Ghats In Amravati, Krishna Pushkaralu Ghats In Krishna District, Krishna Pushkaram Ghats In Nalgonda, Krishna Pushkaram Ghats In Mahaboobnagar, Mahaboobnagar District Krishna Pushkaralu places, Krishna District, krishna pushkaram dates in 2016, Krishna Pushkara 2016 Special Trains, Krishna Pushkaras Special Buses To Vijayawada, APSRTC Special Buses For Krishna Pushkarams 2016,