Health Benefits Of Gobi Puvvu-Cauliflower
Gobi Puvvu-Cauliflower belong to the cruciferous family. vegetable belonging to the Brassica oleracea species, which also includes cabbage, Brussels sprouts, kale, broccoli and collard greens. It is a white flowering vegetable that is known to have many health benefits. This vegetable has a good proportion of sulphur compound and ability to neutralize toxins. The members of this family also have the ability to prevent cancers. Gobi Puvvu-Cauliflower contains antioxidants that help prevent cellular mutations and reduce oxidative stress from free radicals. One of these is indole-3-carbinol or I3C, commonly found in cruciferous vegetables.
Gobi Puvvu-Cauliflower different names in India regional wise:
Cauliflower called in Telugu : Gobi Puvvu, Cauliflower
Cauliflower called in Hindi : Phool Gobi
Cauliflower called in Kannada : Hookosu
Cauliflower called in Malayalam : Cauliflower
Cauliflower called in Tamil : Muttai Kosu
Cauliflower called in Marathi : Phool Gobi
Cauliflower called in Bengali : Bandhakopi
Cauliflower called in Gujarati : Phool Gobi
Cauliflower called in Punjabi: Phool Gobi
Nutritional value Of Gobi Puvvu-Cauliflower:
Cauliflower-Gobi Puvvu is rich in vitamins B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B5 (pantothenic acid), B6 (pyridoxine) and B9 (folic acid). It contains omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin K, proteins, phosphorus, potassium and Vitamin C
Nutritional values per 100 g of Gobi Puvvu-Cauliflower are:
Calories – 25
Total Fat – 0 g
Cholesterol – 0 mg
Sodium – 30 mg
Total Carbohydrate – 5 g
Protein – 2 g
Calcium – 22.0 mg
Iron – 0.4 mg
Magnesium – 15.0 mg
Phosphorus – 44.0 mg
Potassium – 303 mg
Sodium – 30.0 mg
Zinc – 0.3 mg
Copper – 0.0 mg
Manganese – 0.2 mg
Selenium – 0.6 mcg
Fluoride – 1.0 mcg
Vitamin A – 13.0 IU
Vitamin C – 46.4 mg
Vitamin D –
Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol) – 0.1 mg
Vitamin K – 16.0 mcg
Thiamin – 0.1 mg
Riboflavin – 0.1 mg
Niacin – 0.5 mg
Vitamin B6 – 0.2 mg
Folate – 57.0 mcg
Vitamin B12 – 0.0 mcg
Pantothenic Acid – 0.7 mg
Choline – 45.2 mg
Total Calories – 25.0 g
Calories From Fat – 0.8 g
Calories From Carbohydrate – 19.3 g
Calories From Protein – 4.8 g
Dietary Fiber – 2.5 g
Total Fat – 0.1 g
Saturated Fat – 0.0 g
Monounsaturated Fat – 0.0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat – 0.0 g
Total Omega-3 fatty acids – 37.0 mg
Total Omega-6 fatty acids – 11.9 mg
Protein & Amino Acids
Protein – 2.0 g
Health Benefits of Gobi Puvvu-Cauliflower
Fight Againest Cancer: Gobi Puvvu-Cauliflower is Rich in cancer-fighting phytochemicals. Cauliflower contains large quantities of sulforaphane and indole-3-carbinol (I3C), which are two phytochemicals with proven cancer-fighting properties. I3C has also been shown to prevent cancer by increasing the body’s production of enzymes that flush carcinogens and toxins out of the body before they can harm cells. I3C also contains anti-tumor agents and is a proven anti-inflammatory that could help treat painful conditions, such as arthritis, sprains and period pains.
Boosts kidney and Cardiovascular(Heart) Health: sulforaphane could also normalize kidney function and significantly reduce blood pressure. The benefit to sulfuraphane’s ability to improve DNA methylation, which is needed to maintain gene expression and cellular function.
Boost Your Brain Health: Cauliflower,broccoli is a good source of B vitamin choline, Choline is a precursor to the important neurotransmitter acetylcholine, and an increased choline intake is regularly linked to improved cognitive function and improve learning and memory.It may even diminish age-related memory decline and your brain’s vulnerability to toxins during childhood, as well as conferring protection later in life.
Rich In Anti-Oxidants: Cauliflower is rich in anti-oxidants, which contributes to the overall health of the body and prevents heart diseases, cancer and stroke. Anti-oxidants also destroy the free-radicals which hasten the signs of aging.
Gobi Puvvu-Cauliflower can benefit from the Following Illness :
- Bronchial asthma.
- High Blood Pressure.
- Kidney and Bladder Problems.
Advantages Of Gobi Puvvu-Cauliflower
- Cauliflower is an excellent supply of vitamin C and manganese, that are each highly effective antioxidants. Consuming cauliflower frequently will assist shield you from free radical injury and cut back your danger for illnesses attributable to oxidative stress, akin to cardiovascular ailments and most cancers.
- It accommodates glucosinolates and thiocyanates (together with sulforaphane and isothiocyanate), which assist to extend the liver’s skill to neutralise probably poisonous substances that would result in most cancers if left unattended.
- Cauliflower-containing diets to most cancers prevention, notably with respect to the next sorts of most cancers: bladder most cancers, breast most cancers, colon most cancers, prostate most cancers, and ovarian most cancers.
- Common cauliflower consumption may help lower the chance of irritation-mediated illnesses akin to arthritis, weight problems, diabetes mellitus, inflammatory bowel illness and ulcerative colitis.
- Glucoraphin current in cauliflower seems to have a protecting impact in your abdomen lining. With glucoraphin, your abdomen will not be susceptible to the bacterium Helicobacter pylori, thereby decreasing your threat for abdomen ulcer and most cancers.
- Cauliflower consumption is protecting in opposition to cardiovascular and Cerebrovascular illnesses.
- Cauliflower additionally helps girls throughout being pregnant. As it’s wealthy in folate and in addition nutritional vitamins like vitamin A and vitamin B, it helps in progress of cells. This in the end helps within the correct growth of the fetus within the womb.
- Cauliflower can also be a superb supply of vitamin C which once more is useful throughout being pregnant. Thus each pregnant girl ought to at the very least eat one cup of cauliflower daily.
- Cauliflower additionally incorporates calcium which has quite a few advantages. Calcium helps to make our bones and tooth robust together with many different necessary features like transmission of nerve impulses.
- Cauliflower additionally helps us to drop a few pounds. Cauliflower accommodates vitamin C which is a key aspect to burn fats. And it additionally accommodates folates which once more assist in weight reduction.
- To spice up vitamin Okay content material in your system, enhance the cauliflower content material in your every day eating regimen. Vitamin okay performs a key function in growth of bones because it helps in improvement of bone cells.
Shopping for & Storing Ideas Of Gobi Puvvu-Cauliflower
- Whereas shopping for cauliflower, search for one, which is clear and white in shade.
- The cauliflower must also maintain a cluster of buds and shouldn’t be separated.
- Purchase the cauliflowers which can be surrounded by thick leaves, as they may stay contemporary for an extended time period.
- Refrigerate the raw cauliflower in a paper or plastic bag, the place it may be preserved for nearly one week.
- Retailer the vegetable with the stem down in order to forestall the moisture from creating within the floret clusters.
- Pre-reduce cauliflower florets have to be consumed inside one or two days as they have an inclination to lose their freshness quickly.
- Devour cooked cauliflower inside two to a few days of refrigeration.
Gobi Puvvu-Cauliflower Cooking Suggestion’s
- To make cauliflower, first take away the outer leaves and slice the florets on the base, the place they meet the stalks.
- Reduce them into small items, if required. Guarantee to trim the brownish coloured areas, that are normally discovered across the corners.
- The presence of phytonutrients in cauliflowers produces sulfur compounds if cooked and tends to have a powerful odour if the cooking time is elevated. Prepare dinner the cauliflower for a short while to take care of its crispy texture and to attenuate the odor.
- High the cooked cauliflower with cheese sauce, olive oil, soy sauce and butter and switch the vegetable into a tremendous aspect dish.
- Prepare dinner cauliflower with broccoli, peas, carrots, grated ginger, soy sauce and crimson chili sauce, which is an ideal accompaniment with meat and rice.
- Make a spicy cauliflower topping by mixing curry powder or paprika with butter and lemon juice.
Information provided on apnewsforum.com for educational purpose only and is not intended to serve as medical advice. Please consult your Doctor, physician or health care provider before taking any home remedies.