Coriander Rice Recipe
Kothamalli Sadam, Kothamalli Rice, Kothamalli Recipe, Kothamalli, Coriander Rice, Coriander Rice Food, Coriander Foods, Coriander Rice, Coriander Leaves, Coriander,
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tej patta/indian tej patta
- 2 to 3 cloves(lavang)
- 4 to 5 black peppers (Nalupu miriyalu)
- ½ inch cinnamon(Dalcina)
- 2 green cardamoms/hari elaichi/ choti elaichi
- 1 or 2 mace(Japatri)
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced onions
- Pinch turmeric powder(Pasupu)
- 1 medium potato
- ⅓ green peas (Akupacca batanilu)
- 1.5 cups water
- salt as required
- ½ cup chopped coriander leaves
- 2 to 3 green chilies(Pacci mirapakayalu)
- ½ inch ginger(Allam)
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
- 3 to 4 medium garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp cumin seeds/jeera
- ½ tsp fennel seeds/saunf
- 2 to 3 tbsp water for grinding
- Soak rice in water for 30 minutes, drain the water and keep rice a side.Befpre going to cook this rice prepare coriander paste.
- Take ½ cup chopped coriander leaves, 2 to 3 green chilies, ½ inch ginger, 2 tbsp grated coconut, 3 to 4 medium garlic, ½ tsp cumin seeds/jeera, ½ tsp fennel seeds/saunf, small grinder and 2 to 3 tbsp water and grind to a smooth paste.
- Take pressure cooker and heat 2 tbsp oil, After heated add 2 to 3 cloves(lavang), 4 to 5 black peppers(Nalupu miriyalu), ½ inch cinnamon(Dalcina), 2 green cardamoms and 1 or 2 single mace(Japatri) to oil and fry till the spices become fragrant.
- Add Onions fry till they become golden.
- Add coriander paste and turmeric powder mix very well.
- Add potato and ⅓ cup green peas.
- Then add drained rice, salt and 1.5 cups water.
- Close the pressure cooker for 2 whistles.
- After pressure is our open it.
- Coriander Rice Recipe is ready to serve.