[ads2]Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu has announced 5 Grids and 7 Missions during his swearing ceremony as a part of the prime targets of the Andhra Pradesh Government. Fiber Grid is one among the 5 Grids announced by the Chandrababu. Today we talk about the Fiber grid uses and at what stage is the project is..?
Govt of India has announced Digital India Project with fiber grid project to connect just the village to another village so that the government offices will have access to internet of 2 Mbps speed and that project was estimated at approximately 4500 Crores by Govt of India. Govt of India has sent a proposal and estimate to connect the whole of Andhra Pradesh with optical fiber. This did not include connecting every house though.
Later, AP CM replied again that they need to join each home within the state and allow them with web as a substitute of connecting simply the villages which might not yield any main advantages. AP CM and the his team got here up with a brand new plan of connecting each household. All had expected that the project cost would Doubled or Tripled. Shock.! The brand new proposal introduced cut down the cost by 20 times.
The Chief Minister and his team created the cheapest Internet connectivity system, When we planned for fibre grid, with an objective to ensuring that every household in the state has internet, video and telephone services at doorstep, by March 2016, with a minimal charges of either Rs 100 or Rs 150 a month, it was estimated to be a whopping Rs 5000 crore. ”But, I brought it down to only Rs 320 crore, while going for an alternative of using the existing electricity poles for surface network of the fibre grid,” .
– N. Chandrababu Naidu, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister.
- As part of Phase 1 Fiber grid, 22,500 Kms of Fiber Optic has been laid in a record time of 9 months.
- With just 333 Crores, AP’s Fiber Grid Project new project to connect every house with 10 Mbps internet and provide that to citizens at World’s cheapest price at 150 Rupees per month.
- 1.1 Crore households, 45,000+ Schools will have access to Internet at the World’s cheapest Internet price and in the record project cost and execution time.
- The executing teams use Mobile Apps to update the status of the work at each pole using GPS location and a custom built app by ” Code for AP “, A Citizen coding initiative by AP Chief Minister Office and is tracked in a centralized dash board.
18 states have opted for AP Fiber Grid Mannequin to ascertain a extremely scalable community infrastructure”.
The Project is close to finish and getting ready to deliver Internet connection of 10Mbps at just Rs.150 per month for household and 100 Mbps at Rs.1000 per month for business users. Andhra pradesh Government has planned 10 Mbps velocity for each house at just Rs. 150/-?! Even in the remotest villages.?
This innovation within the venture execution has saved approx. 12,000 Crores for Andhra Pradesh state alone. If carried out all through India would save extra 1 Lakh Crores for Govt of India and can join complete of India with high speed digital connectivity by 2020.